Sunday, June 01, 2008

Me and my "teachin's"



~So it's the end of a season of my life...teaching music lessons. At least for now. I've taught piano, viola, and violin lessons for the past 12 years! This group of students is the smallest I've had, but has been the perfect amount. After I had Samuel, I "gave" all my students to Leah, and just kept the ones that could come to my house. Doing some teaching with 1 baby, is completely different than w/ almost 3! (That was easy back then! :) It's just come to the point, where I need to be 100% here w/ my children. The 7 hours a week that I taught, doesn't sound like much, but those are the prime hours out of my week. I need those "nap time" hours to complete the tasks have to be w/out interruption :) or rest myself. (starting to really need those power naps!) I'm sure I will teach in the future, but now is just a particularly busy season of my life, and I don't want to miss out on any of it! I'm so grateful to have excellent, sweet students and will miss seeing them each week. They all did a fabulous job at the recital--I was so proud of all of them. :)~

L to R: Sarah, Abigail, Samantha, Me, Michael
Cole, Matthew, Jonathan, and Levi (and Max, who is conveniently on vacation:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Eccl. 3:1
You have your children for only a season. Piano will be there at a later time, if the Lord leads.

Anonymous said...

Wow, such a difficult decision and I commend you for doing so! It is so easy to say, "family first" and a whole different thing to practice it. Your children are blessed to have a wonderful mommy who lays down her life for the good of her children! Oh, the blessings you will one day reap.

God Bless,
Tami

Micah said...

We went to the St. Louis Zoo! Thanks for posting our prego pics! Oh and I'm 30!!!! ;)