Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Musings...

"With every breath you take, breathe in the sweetness of everyday life: the laughter of your children, the pitter-patter of their feet, the melody of their voices, the sound of your husband's voice, the strength of his arms, the smell of clean clothes, a clean house, cooking, the stillness of the night, the warmth of each day. Tune your thoughts to strike the same chord, rejoicing in each other's pleasures and mourning in each other's woes. Let your love spill over into every task, allowing its fragrance to envelop and penetrate each child's thoughts. No greater treasure could be handed down through the generations." ~Planning to be Spontaneous~ by Candy Summers

-I have been reminded to enjoy each day, enjoy and teach my children, help my husband, pray for my family, and even relish the last days of this pregnancy. Very soon, the baby will be born, busyness will increase, and before I know it my boys will be young men. I must rely on God's grace. He can enable me to be faithful and to be strong-

"I do not ask that Thou shouldst give me some high or noble task. Give me a little hand to hold in mind. Give me a little child to point Thy way, over the strange, sweet path that leads to You. Give me a little voice to teach to pray. Give me two shining eyes Thy face to see. The only crown I ask to wear is this, that I may teach a little child. I do not ask that I may stand among the wise, the worthy, or the great; I only ask that softly, hand-in-hand, a child and I may enter at the gate." -Anonymous-

"By wisdom is a house built; and by understanding it is established; And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches." Prov. 24:3-4

1 comment:

Test said...

Yesterday on vacation I read the proverbs of the day...and these verse are very special to me. I read them a few months back and taught the boys to pray for wisdom, understand and knowledge from the Lord. I pray this for them almost daily.

It's what I want them to build their house upon!

You look great! I can't believe it's almost here. I can't wait to "meet" your little girl!!!