Friday, March 16, 2007

Tribute to Mothers~







Nancy Leigh DeMoss is currently going through a series on Proverbs 31. Today was a tribute to mothers. It was so encouraging and such a blessing to me. If you're interested, here is the web address to listen to today's broadcast: www.reviveourhearts.com

My life has personally been enriched by so many godly women, many of whom I haven't recognized till now. I'm reminded of a verse in Is. 30:20-21 "..but thine eyes shall see thy teachers; And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."

My own mother has been the main godly Christian woman in my life. She has nurtured, guided, instructed and has prayed for me. My life is richer for her large impact in my life. Her sacrifices to stay home over the years and teach me have a far reaching impact in my life, my husband's life, and my son's life. Little did she know, when she was teaching me, she was really influencing countless other future souls! How easy it is to take her for granted...until you don't have a mother around anymore. I was reminded today through the testimonies on Nancy DeMoss's program how blessed I am to have a mother who is such a lamp, a solid rock, and a blessing to me. I'm not just her daughter, I'm one of her best friends!

The women who take a close 2nd for influencing my life have been my two grandmas. I have learned so much from their examples and the ways they serve their families. They are both vastly different, but still have taught me similiar values. I am still learning from then...and probably more now than ever. They have gone through almost all the seasons of life all the way up through great-grandmotherhood. Their wisdom is indespensible and vital to me.

The Lord only knows how grateful I am for the close relationships I have with these three beautiful women. These gracious women have retained honor~~



No comments: