Monday, February 04, 2008

short update

The vinyl lady doesn't have a website...it's all word of mouth. If your interested in it, email me and I can give you her info. (goffandfamily@yahoo.com)

We had a really busy weekend! Saturday J and I split up so we could get everything done. He and Samuel went to go get our taxes done, pick up a bridal shower gift, and went to get goat's milk. :) I got to go back to bed since I was up w/ William about 10x's on Friday night--yikes. Sleep deprivation is not fun. :)

Saturday afternoon, William and I went to the hairdresser's (for me, not him) :) We also got groceries and ingredients for the bridal shower. He was Mr. AngelBaby for me! (that made up for him being a night owl, I suppose)

Yesterday, Mom, the girls, and I hosted a bridal shower for Kyle's fiancee', Gretchen. There were about 40 ladies there and we had a great time. They also received some very nice gifts! Shower's are so fun! I heard that at the last shower, there were 60+ people there! That's a lot of friends to have--nice! :) Maybe if they get too many gifts, they'll share them w/ their friends. Ha! I remember getting really nice gifts for my wedding and shower gifts...it was pretty overwhelming to be the recipient of people's generosity.

Last evening, we went to some friend's house for a superbowl party. Fun! We usually hang out w/ family, so it's actually nice to branch out a little and spend some time w/ people at the same "stage" as us. (we love hanging out w/ family too--no one take offence)

I ate way too many sweets yesterday, and I'm supposed to be "watching" my sugar/carb intake...well, it was Sunday, right?!

I'll post some pictures later,
M.E.G.

2 comments:

Namaw Kak said...

Megan,
I really enjoyed the bridal shower too. It was nice to catch up with you girls and visit with your mom. We live in the same town and our paths don't cross often, huh. You are right about the gifts they were all wonderful and so creative. It was so nice to meet Gretchen & Kyle's families.
God has truly blessed both of them.
Take Care,
Kathy Pardi

Test said...

Yes, post pictures of the shower!!!