Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Last Weekend

Late Saturday afternoon, Justin and I headed out to attend his 15 year High School Reunion. Wow...that makes him sound old! I knew a few couples from a wedding I attended 5 years ago. Everyone else, I got to meet for the first time. It was nice to put faces with names, since Justin sometimes has "flashbacks" from High School. :) I think the 2 things I said all night were: 1. "Nice to meet you 2. "Oh My!" (there were lots of ...ahem...interesting stories w/ my hubby involved. ;)

Mom and the fam graciously watched our children till midnight, thoroughly entertaining them, spoiling them a teeny bit, and wearing them out. Thanks guys! Mom took the kids early enough for me to actually have time to leisurely get myself ready...I got my make-up on, and took the hairdryer AND the curling iron out! Woohoo! Here are a few pix Max shot right before we hoppped into the truck.

Here's an ol' buddy of Justin's. That's the only picture I got the entire evening. I was kinda surprised they didn't get a group shot. (maybe they were waiting for the boring fuddy-duddies to leave.;) Anyhoo...this guy and his wife are stationed in San Antonio, TX (he's in the Air Force) His wife and I had plenty to chat about, since they have 2 children under 3, and she plays violin. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday, Justin's Mom and Lou came down for a visit! What fun it was to see them. The kids were so excited.

Janeen and "Little Justin"--I've gotta scan some old pictures of Justin. William looks identical!

The boys w/ Grandma Janeen. She bought them each a cute little baseball bat. So they can beat eachother up w/ them...oh, I mean, so they can play ball in the house, and practice getting home runs. They'll be in good shape for T-ball! Thanks, Janeen! :) (*grin*)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are a few more pictures I edited from the past couple days...I loved the ones of Justin and Madeline. She's a Daddy's girl. If he talks to her, and tells her she's pretty, she starts to get all embarrassed and hides her face. It's so funny!


My kids seriously don't really play with their toys. They'd rather have a big bag of tools, kitchen utensils, or even, the dishwasher. I usually don't let the kids do this...but I was trying to get the kitchen cleaned up, and Madeline isn't as heavy as the boys. It did the trick...kept her entertained, we visited, and I got my kitchen cleaned! I had to grab my camera, to remember this memory.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter on the dishwasher--so funny!
MrsM

Micah said...

The pic w/ Samuel and the coffee cup cracks me up! He looks like the little business man!!! lol.

Unknown said...

we have a picture of my sister exactly like the one of madeline...it must be the age. :)

Paris said...

That's a good idea Meg... my Mom used to always keep us and any other babies in the kitchen with her. I love that first pic of you and Justin with your hair blowing... it's so cute!!

Catherine said...

Hi! I love following your blog and your parents'. I'm a homeschooling mom of six children. We love Eden String Quartet's music, and your mom inspires me in many ways. I have to ask: where did you get the shoes you're wearing in the picture of you guys going to your husband's reunion? (or like what brand; I live on the East coast.) cute!

~Justin&Meg~ said...

funny you asked about my shoes. i'm thrilled with them. i got them for $0.25 at the city-wide garage sale. isn't that the best bargain?! i don't think they were ever worn! they are maurices brand. i kinda debated wearing them, since they are taller than what i usually go w/...makes be about 6 ft tall! (good thing i have a tall hubby!) they're super-comfy. yes, so they're the pair of shoes i am most excited about. ha! ha! (so that justifies the next pair of shoes i buy...since they were only a quarter!)

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Megan...You and your family have a good summer! ~ C.

Elaine said...

That is so funny that a stranger asked you about your shoes because I was going to ask you about your skirt! :) I often have a hard time finding cute ones on the west coast.

I read your blog and your family's blog also. You have a lovely family!