Thursday, April 09, 2009

THE most STRESSFUL photo session...


So, today was "Easter Photo Session Day" I knew it would be tricky, but goodness, I was so stressed-out by the end. My sister, Therese, came over to help them smile. Instead, she got them all wound up. William was extremely squirmy and generally doesn't stay in 1 place more than a few seconds (much less look and smile, too), Samuel was being wild and silly, and Madeline was fussy, because she was missing her morning nap.


Something should've tipped me off after William threw his oatmeal bowl on the floor and shattered it. And also after William got out of the tub, left a puddle on the kitchen floor (that was not bath water) and aparently had to go potty, but made it as far as the living room carpet and the bathmat. I heard him laughing about something, and ran to check on them. Yeah...ahem... Didn't they know it was "Picture Day" not "Let's-Stress-Mommy-Out-Day?"

So, I did finally get their clothes ironed, got them dressed, and fixed their hair. Therese sang silly songs, got out every noise-maker I have in the toy box, and expended lots of energy to get them to look AND/OR smile. I.think.it.worked. The best pictures I got of the boys was in the old recliner that spins. Yeah, Therese got creative. She'd spin, stop, and they'd smile...you know, the REAL, genuine smiles. So, thanks to my fun sister, I did manage to get some cute ones. I'll post them soon! And, I need votes on which ones are the *best* (printable)
Whew! Hopefully this will get easier?!!!!! Now, off to make dinner (I have guests coming), start some laundry (it has babies during the night), and put together my ransacked house! Oh, and take a shower...yes, that would be lovely! :)

4 comments:

Test said...

I was telling John I hope to take some pictures Easter Morning. I asked him to help me be prepared...feed the boys, get ready himself, get them dressed...etc. He said, "Sure, but you know things never work out like you plan, so we can always take them another day."

Love this post!!!

I still need a shower...but I am not having company, so it may wait till morning.

leah said...

haha, this made me laugh...see you guys tomorrow.

Elizabeth Sue said...

This may sound kind of silly but, I am really glad that you posted about how "chaotic" your kids picture day went. Sometimes when I read other people's blogs. I walk away feeling like I must be doing this all wrong because people often only write about things that went smoothly or they leave out the details. It is refreshign to know I am not the only mom who has imperfect days or plans that don't go as planned. Glad you got some cute pictures though, :)

Littlecarlotta said...

We had a very similar "taking Easter pictures" experience on Saturday. In the end I'm always glad I have pictures but sometimes the process sure can be chaotic!

Aliza