Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Princess Room

Awhile back, I promised pictures of the kid's newly decorated bedrooms. I think I may've posted about the boys', but I know I haven't put up any of Madeline's. I just finished it last week. I had been brainstorming about how to make a girly canopy over the crib. Finally, after several different tries, I used some sparkly tulle left over from the weddings and pinned it up w/ some white thumb tacks and string. I need to find some fishing line to replace the string. It may not be as noticable that way. Until then, string works. ;)

Madeline's name is above her bed...it's the same vinyl lettering that I have in my kitchen. Cool stuff! If you click on the picture, it will enlarge so you can see what it says.


The picture of the girl playing the piano is especially meaningful to me, since Justin gave it to me for my 19th birthday. I was hoping to use it in Madeline's room. Amazingly, the matte matched the wall color perfectly! I decided on the wall color after I picked out her bedding. I white-washed the frame, to match a little better.

The rocker was a garage sale purchase that my Mom made when she found out she was expecting my brother, Isaac. She handed it down to me, and Krista recovered it w/ "boy" fabric...blue plaid. Since Krista wasn't around in February, I took it upon myself to recover it. Looks great...just don't look behind the cushions. She's a seamstress, I'm not. I used some scissors and a glue gun. Hey...I figure, if I need to change it back to the blue, I'll just peel off the glued fabric. Yes...kinda funny, but it works! (You'll have to check out my job on that, next time you're down, K)

I saw these picture ideas in a magazine and thought it was cute. I bought 2 wooden skirt hangers from Walmart and 2 8 x 10 mattes. Tape the picture on, and waaalaa! Cheap way to display pictures...and handy to change out!

This is what you see when you walk down my hallway...looking into Madeline's room. I love the lighting in there 1st thing in the morning. It's especially welcoming to see a sweet face peeking through the slats or over the top rail. She's awake usually at the crack of dawn. ;)

The shelf in the middle, was an old shelf from when I was little. I used it in the boys' nursery. Now it's a basket shelf for Madeline. I painted all the baskets (the used to be orangy-colored) the same as the wall color. I also repainted the lamp and hot glued the matching valance onto the lamp shade. It worked out perfect, and definitely was way cheaper than the matching lamp that went w/ the bedding set!

12 comments:

Elaine said...

Her room is darling. Good job on the decorating! :)

Elizabeth Sue said...

Positively breathtaking! What a great job on your daughter's room. Thanks for sharing the tips, I too am not always the most talented crafter but the picture idea looks so cute and easy.

Unknown said...

You are turning into a regular Alyssa Welch. ;)

Abigail and Lydia said...

Her room is so adorable! I love the colors you picked! Great decorating = )

~Lydia~

Paris said...

How beautiful Meg... good job. I just love little girl rooms:)

Ryan Miller Fam said...

I love the pictures hung up with the hangers. So cute! Also, great job with the tulle over the bed!!! So girly, and too cute! Great job!!!

George and Krista said...

Great job on the canopy! I want to make some curtains for Gracie's little nook. You've inspired me!

Elizabeth J. said...

Great job with the bedroom! If I were a little girl, I'd want a room that looks like Madeline's.

The Ambrosetti Family said...

Meg, I love the picture hangers..you did a great job. can't wait to meet miss madeline in person. hope all is going well. my how our little ones grow and change so quickly..
see you soon, hopefully!
angie

Vanderpolclan said...

Wonderful job on decorating Megan!!! I absolutely love the color of the walls. Not real pink,pink, more of a dusty, plum pink.

Cindy

Olivia said...

Wow. I love it. Super creative and cute.

Anonymous said...

This is so precious! Super job!!