Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Glories of Farm Life...







Making your own fun is something we like to do! Give him a hose, some water, some dirt, and rocks and he'll be entertained for an hour! What else does a 2 year old boy need?






Maybe a shovel, gum boots, and a bike...but that's about all! :) Who needs "toys" when ya have real life?
P.S. Whatdoyado when it's 3:30 am and can't sleep being 9 mo. pregnant? I've decided to be thankful and have fun w/ pictures!
Thankfulness was a topic on my mind this week...
I am constantly correcting Samuel for whining and complaining...now I know where he gets it! It's just one more area that he's imitating me in! We were reading Philippians 2 the other morning and I was reminded and chastened...listen to this!
"Do all things without grumbling or complaining that you may be blameless and pure, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life..." Phil. 2:14-16
Now, off to cherrily grab a bowl of cereal and off (hopefully) to dreamland again!
Thank you, Lord, for this healthy pregnancy and active little guy/girl.~



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious! Does your husband farm with your Dad? (I can tell you have one little future farmer on your hands right now!) Valerie

~Justin&Meg~ said...

Hi--actually, no, my husband works for a road construction company about an hour north of where we live. Our house is right on the farm...it was the house my Grandpa grew up in and we fixed it up. We love living on the farm and Samuel wants to be outside all the time! He loves to ride w/ Papa or my brother on the tractors, 4-wheeler, or anything loud and dirty. Ha! :)

megan~

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you can live so close to your family. We live next door to my parents, and they are such a blessing, especially when it comes to helping out with our two little ones (ages 2 and 4). In fact, if either of my parents steps out of their house (even just to walk to the mailbox), it's like a celebrity sighting to the kids! My kids scream "It's Grandma! It's Grandpa! Can we go outside and see them?" It's like they have a couple of tiny stalkers, but they love it and wouldn't have it any other way!
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Great post Meg!

Praise God for your healthy pregnancy!

Were sooo happy for you!

Love In Christ,
M&E Devine~