Saturday, May 03, 2008

Like this!

~ Adapted from 1 Corinthians 13 ~

If I keep my house immaculately clean, and am envied by all for my creativity and decorating sense, but do not show love in my family, I am just another housewife. If I'm always producing lovely things - fine art photos, cute pictures of the kids, and creative house decor; if I lose all that baby weight and always look attractive and cook organic meals but am not loving to my family - I am nothing. If I'm busy in community affairs, go to Sunday school and Bible studies, and help out my neighbor now and then, but fail to give adequate love to my family - I gain nothing.
Love changes diapers, cleans up messes and ties shoes, over and over again. Love is kind, though tired and frazzled. Love doesn't envy another wife - one whose children are "spaced" better, one who exercises more, or one whose kids seem "perfect". Love doesn't try to impress others with my abilities or knowledge as a mother, woman or photographer. Love doesn't scream at the kids. Love doesn't feel cheated because I didn't get to do what I wanted to do today - work on photography projects, read, soak in a hot tub. Love doesn't lose my temper easily. Love doesn't assume that my children are being naughty just because their noise level is irritating. Love doesn't rejoice when other people's children misbehave and make mine look good. Love is genuinely happy when others are honored by their children.

LOVE IS PATIENT
LOVE IS KIND
LOVE IS LONG SUFFERING
LOVE REJOICES
LOVE HOPES
LOVE BELIEVES
LOVE ENDURES

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the encouragement! that's something we all need to keep in mind!
have a great week!

The Sisson Clan said...

"She rises also while it is still night, and gives food to her household, and portions to her maidens." Prov. 31:15
Thanks Megan for rising early and sharing this "salty food" with us. With Mother's Day coming up, this is a good reminder to us all.
Keep up the good work!
Mrs. Sisson

Anonymous said...

This is awesome and so very true!