Sunday, January 04, 2009

Re-reading a good book

I'm re-reading an excellent book I read last year. It's called "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God." It's one of those on my highly recommended list. One good enough to re-read. It's good because it hits so close to home...struggles that women struggle with...AND the biblical exhortation to go with it! Thought this was good...

"If you're feeling overwhelmed and desperate, you won't find the answer in yet another self-help book or in a temporal bottle of pills. More self-esteem won't quiet those inner yearnings or fears any more than a "better" body or new clothes will. Only Christ can satisfy your anxious heart and give you peace. Long for Him "as the deer pants for the water brooks" (Psalm 42:1). When your soul is disquieted, hope in God and prais His Holy name (Psalm 42:11)."
-taken from the Preface-

4 comments:

Mindy Caron said...

Hi Meg! I ordered that book awhile back and it's sitting on my shelf...you reminded me of it! Thank you - I look forward to reading it too! Hope you guys had a great Christmas. :) Blessings!

Micah said...

Ahhh did Gretchen have a boy or girl? I'm so happy for them. :) I called u the other day just to catch up, so feel free to give me a buzz when life slows down!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Megan! Your blog is great!
John & I look up to you & Justin so much. You have such a beautiful family.
I always look forward to our next double date...whenever it may be!
Christina Sweeney :)

Anonymous said...

I have this book, too- it is very good. I love to read your blog. You are such a good wife and mother and have such wisdom for your young age. My daughter reads your blog regularly and I love that she admires you so much. You are a Titus 2 woman and you didn't even know it!