Wednesday, January 14, 2009

...tasty treats...

Hi There!

I made some yummy things yesterday, so thought I'd share the recipes. I've made both before, but was reminded how good they were! And, perhaps they just tasted exceptional, b/c we had a special someone unexpectedly at our supper table last night! ;-)

Sweet Potato Rolls:

1 pkg yeast
4 T. sugar
1.5 cups sweet potatoes
1/2 cup warm water
3 T. butter, melted
1 t. salt
2 eggs
3 c. flour (I used spelt and all purpose)

~Disolve yeast , warm water and 1 T of sugar...let stand 5 min.
Add remaining sugar, sweet potato, butter, salt, and eggs. Stir to mix well. Stir in 3 c. of flour. Knead 2-3 minutes...just till it's soft and not-too-sticky. Place in an oiled bowl. Cover and let raise about an hour.
~Punch down and allow dough to rest for 2 minutes. Divide into 20 balls and place in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Allow to rise till doubled.
~Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 20 minutes. Serve warm
(These were just the perfect texture...and I accidently baked them the perfect amount of time. Usually mine turn out too dry. Very yummy w/ some butter on them)

Two Mustard Chicken
(I must confess that I was too "chicken" to try this recipe. We ate it at Kyle and Gretchen's house last summer, and it was delic!! It's now a stand-by of mine...and super easy!)

1/2 c. Dijon mustard
1/4 c. coarse-grained mustard (I was out, so I used horseradish---it turned out wonderful!!)
1/4 c. honey
8 chicken breasts

Heat oven to 375...Spread mixture on both sides of chicken. Bake about 30 minutes. Serve w/ brown rice and a veggie.

5 comments:

Abigail and Lydia said...

Do you know exactly how much yeast is in a package? I only have the large container and I don't know how much of that to use. They sound so good!

Macnme said...

Hi Meg,
Your recipes sound great!!

Also, could you email me or post a high resolution family pix for me? You are the only one left that I need a family pix to finish up the calendar.

Stay warm!!!!

Abigail and Lydia said...

I am going to make them for supper tonight! looking forward to seeing how they turn out : )
Thanks for posting such good stuff!
Love,
Lydia

~Justin&Meg~ said...

...if i remember correctly, i think it's 2 1/4 tsps of yeast=1 pkg. (it should say on the jar)

meg

Abigail and Lydia said...

Thank-you, I am going to try them today!