Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, the holidays are behind us now, and onward to a new year, eh?! The past few weeks have been delightfully off-schedule and very busy. We've been enjoying time as a family, enjoying Justin being off of work, going to lots of parties, and seeing lots of family. I'm so behind on my posting and I have taken so many pictures. I'm not sure if I'll post them. I'm wanting to start fresh w/ the new year...and Christmas festivities just don't seem to fit.

Justin and I have spent the past couple days talking about our New Year Resolutions. I love making them! Such good things to chat about! You know, the more serious (and not-so-serious) stuff in life. :) I was just perusing our resolutions from the past couple years. So fun to read...but also discouraging to see some of the same resolutions from the past 4 years. I think the kids will have fun reading them in years to come. :) Justin woke up at 3:45 a.m. today and decided to "wake up" for the day. Samuel wandered in the office around 6:30 a.m. Justin explained what he was doing and told him the definition of a resolution. Justin asked Samuel if he had a goal for this new year. Samuel's goal is to make a bird house. :) One of mine is to get into shape and run a 5K w/ Justin. Anyone wanna run w/ us? :) What are some of your New Year's Resolutions?

Yesterday, we had some friends and family over for lunch. It was a fun and relaxing time...and they say the food was delic. :) George and Krista had just gotten back from FL...so it was fun to see them before they went back home.

Isn't Grace such a dolly?! Luv those cheeks!

Kyle and Gretchen, Ed and Susan, Mom and Dad, J and Me, George and Krista=The Party!

The chickadees filtered in one-by-one, as they woke up from their naps.

Not sure why some of these turned out so dark...Krista got some other good ones...I'll have to swipe from her blog. She got a good tummy one of Gretchen and girly too! *wink*

Justin has taken me on several dates...it's been so fun! How unusual to stroll through Target w/out 3 little peoples needing me all at once. Quite refreshing, actually. I found a really cute apron to wear. I've been wanting one for a while...so that was my "splurge" to myself. :) (Thanks, Grandma Nett!) Madeline and the boys also got a few things they needed...onesies, undies, etc.

Happy Early 19th Birthday Therese! We got her a "planner", so she can always be organized. Hey! It even has an address book...bonus! *wink* She looks pretty excited! (I think she was more excited that we were home...hee)

Therese is such a good sport to watch the boys 2 days this week for us. We went to a Japanese steak house w/ some friends the other day...I'll have to post those pictures...they're pretty neat. Like our dwarf-Christmas tree? Kinda looks funny in the picture...meant to crop it down, but oh well. :) Madeline's expressions crack me up...she's pretty sober. Therese got a little smile there!

I wanted to put up a picture of me and the newest Little Miss, and say, "Guess who?!" But, I decided that wouldn't be fair to her very proud parents.
This morning, Little Miss decided to make her appearance...and fast! I'm still in shock that our good friends are now parents...So, here's two handsome Daddies, very excited to both have little princesses. Justin's already planning a Daddy/Daughter Date Night.


~~So how's that for a stream-of-consciousness, midnight post?! Pretty random, eh? Well, I couldn't sleep, so decided to "update" ya'll. Goodnight~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha that's a very nice picture of me meg...i think i was still reacting to that "thing" outside =) yes, I'll be sooo organized thank you :) The boys are so cute-I actually wasn't that excited when you got back---the party was just starting ya know :)

Ok, welll, have a lovely day!

therese

Vanderpolclan said...

Wishing you all the Lord's blessings for the New Year.

I cannot believe how big Madeline is getting. What a cutie!

Cindy