Friday, May 01, 2009

Goodbye Winter...Hello Spring!


So, the past few weeks I've been using my extra time to get organized around here. While these tasks used to take me a few days of mega organization, they now take several weeks...and I'm still not done. I have to do most of the jobs when the kids are sleeping, so either very early, very late, or during naptime. Thankfully, Mom wisked the boys away for a morning, so I could go through my scary closet and sort through tubs and tubs of clothes. I was so thrilled w/ the feat of putting winter clothes away, and taking spring/summer clothes out! It's funny that a person can get such a high from something so mundane. Oh well. I thought I was running out of storage space too, until I organized. Now, everything is in it's place, the tubs are organized, all the infant stuff is packed away. Nice! I feel like I'm entering a new stage, without a tiny infant and being non-pregnant! All the adorable infant clothes and maternity clothes are packed away or loaned to friends. There's a certain satisfaction I feel about "graduating" from that stage, at least for now. A sense freedom, I suppose...yet, at the same time I was sad about packing all the baby-baby things away. Madeline had a blast exploring around all the interesting looking things. She's my lil' sidekick. ;) My next spring cleaning project around here is my windows (both inside and out...I think the insides are worse...ha!) and finishing my woodwork.

We planted our garden about 2 weeks ago. Just the early things...like onions, garlic, spinach, lettuce, beets, and peas. Justin and I are excited about landscaping...we love to talk about future plans. I'm not sure if it'll happen this year, but it's fun to plan! Justin has to do some drainage work and grading first. I'd love to put a white picket fence around my house w/ lots of flowers! Besides doing lots of organizing and cleaning, we've been gardening and spending all the time we can outside. We tend to eat later and put the kids down a bit later, since the days are longer and the weather is so pleasant. All the boys want to do, is be outside. They love dirt and mud.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Madeline has been mobile all month! She started crawling right before she turned 8 months. She's now standing up to things and will stand all by herself. I'm impressed w/ her sense of balance. As I remember, the boys were a bit clumsier. ;)

I suppose these pictures don't do her cuteness justice...I just grabbed the camera, so I wouldn't forget what a little honey she is. She's so tiny, in real-life. And too little to be doing this already. My baby is growing up!

She'll stand at the window for a long time and watch the trucks, cats, and other moving things or people.

She gets to bouncing with excitement, if she spots the boys or Daddy (or Grandma Bobbie)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gracie celebrated her first birthday on April 11. She loved her presents and all the auntie/uncle/cousin attention. The only thing she did NOT like was her cupcake. Tsk, tsk, Gracie...you come over to Auntie Meg's, and I'll teach 'ya how to enjoy yummy things like cupcakes, and Ghiradelli chocolate, and other treats. ;) (that's what aunties are for, shh...don't tell the boys!)

Gracie's 1st Birthday...lots of family to celebrate with!

Missy and Mommy [my, she's exited about birthdays, huh?! i actually think she was wondering what was plopped on her head!]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Auntie Leah and Madeline

Easter Egg Hunts...fun, fun!

Guys, you get so little press...here you go. ;)

5 comments:

Liv said...

i love the little vegetable/fruit hats. they are too cute!

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE!!! of your little girl at the windows! It's amazing how the simple things our kids do, like looking out a window, can melt a mom's heart. Thank you Lord!
MrsM

Test said...

Doesn't it feel good to organize. I got all my clothes organized about two weeks ago. Actually, about 2 years ago I piled ALL the boys clothes in my living room and started to dig through them. PHEW! I actually gave Lesli about 7 bags of boy clothes and still had PLENTY to use! People are generous in giving us clothes.

It has helped to be so organized in passing along clothes to Lesli and her two boys. Now they're on there way back to me for Clark!

They grow up so fast don't they!?!

Micah said...

Well I wish I could say I was organized but I'm not and far from it. Although I did clear out all 25-30 Pampers boxes from my garage full of things to get rid of at the city wide this past weekend. I had good success! We need to get together. I LOVE our strawberry hat! :)

Elizabeth Sue said...

Love those hats! Did you make them?