Friday, May 01, 2009

Justin's encouragement

"Patience is where love & wisdom meet." (he said he read that recently)

And, to all of you Mom's out there w/ young children, I thought you'd appreciate the note he left me the other day.
How apropos! He knows what I'm up against! Like...



This!!
;)
...and this...(Madeline apparently forgot that the cds are "no touch" items)

Wow! Messes happen instantly around here. I can have the whole house clean, and when I turn around, it can look like this! Justin reminds me of the Proverb that says..."Where there are no [children] the house is clean." (that's his version) :) Most days I'm running from 1 mess to the next. The kids and I do usually have the house restored to order by the time Justin comes home. Disorderliness messes with my brain, if it stays around too long. I love to organize, plan ahead, and have my ducks in a row. (good luck, you say, huh?! ;) I'm workin' on that!

My sweetie

Can't you just hear the noise??

My cool dudes...Samuel is really into his new shades. ;)

~I've been busy around here with spring cleaning, so I haven't taken time to post anything. I have some cute pictures, I'll put up of the kids. We've spent lots of time outside, since it's been so nice.~

~Samuel went to work with Justin today. They were going to pump water off of a job. Samuel was beyond thrilled to go to "work" He was even more pumped that I sent his breakfast in Daddy's lunchbox...he made sure I sent 2 of everything so there would be one for him and Daddy. ;)

Happy May Day! (My lil' night owl (guess who?!) is still snoozin', and Madeline just layed down for a nap (she was up a lot last night!) so I'm going to go crack open my Bible...wow, this is a treat!

Have a great weekend!

"Sacrifice is the ecstasy of giving the best I have to the ones I love most." a.w.

10 comments:

Test said...

Love this post! I agree messes happen very easily around here, but I do have to say that the older the boys get the cleaner the house stays. I spent Mon and Tue cleaning like a mad woman and last night John and I were saying how suprised we were that the house still looked good.

It's nice because now the boys help cleaning up all their toys. They can do so much more and that is a big help.

I'm like you, mess messes with my head. I love to be prepared, but I've learned to let go of some of that...at least for now ;-) I am sure when Clark gets here we'll go a few steps back...but oh well, he'll be three before I know it!

Have a great weekend friend!
heather

George and Krista said...

Love all the pictures and that you're a real-life mom :) I'm so glad you're my sis and that you're one (or maybe a half) stage ahead of me! Thanks for your example!

Love,
Krist

Vanderpolclan said...

I am oftern reminded of the "no cattle - no mess" verse also. Actually, a friend and I were just commenting about it yesterday. Such a fitting verse.

One day they will be old enough to help clean up the mess, but until then may you be granted patience and smiles.

The picture of Madeline with the cd's is adorable.

Cindy in Canada

T said...

I love it! So real to life. Aww...I am not alone. The booger pickin photo is the best!

Elizabeth J. said...

Even when they're being rotten your kids are still so cute!

erin said...

Justin's note was priceless! There's a reason motherhood is often called the hardest and best job in the world, and you are wonderful at it!

Anonymous said...

Hhmm, I wonder what s'tage' Krista is referring to. There's been some code language going on around the blogging Millers, Goffs and Ochenjele's. I left a comment on your family blog concerning The O's. Hmmmmmm...

A lurker.

Lovely fam by the way

Anonymous said...

why don't u sign ur name.

TulipGirl said...

I love the cute hats in the first pic, btw. (Visiting from Aliza's blog.)

Ryan Miller Fam said...

love the note from justin! Isn't it the truth! Somedays the faster you go - the behinder you get!!! That's how my today is going!!! Loved all the pictures of the kids! THey are all getting so big - well, except for the Little Miss!