Friday, August 07, 2009

Madeline's 1st Birthday...

Baby girl turns 1 today! I still remember my Mom waltzing into our house in the wee hours of the morning today of last year singing "Happy Birthday" to herself. She was thrilled that Madeline would mostly likely be born on her 49th birthday! Besides labor taking all day, everything went smoothly and we welcomed our little girl to our family at 5:04 p.m. August 7, 2008. Madeline has been such a delightful addition to our family. I love having a little girl around the house! It's caused me to be more aware of my example to her.

She woke up bright and early this morning. She doesn't have a clue that today she turns one. She and I have had some 1-on-1 time. The boys are still snoozing. :) We're going to a petting zoo and the sprinkler park today w/ some friends. Then, this evening when Justin's home, we'll have a lil' b-day celebration w/ just our family.

I'm still trying to figure out Madeline's personality. Sometimes she's very sober, and other times, jibber-jabbering and sociable. She plays very well by herself, and is entertained and toughened up by the boys. Her name means "strong woman"...Justin always says that w/ feeling, and a "watch out" attitude! I suppose w/ 2 older brothers, she will learn to be tough. ;) However, I pray that she will be a "strong woman" on the inside. That she would be made of real-stuff...strength and beauty that comes from knowing and walking with Christ. It's our prayer for Miss Madeline, that she would come to know Christ as her Savior, and follow Him all of her days. I have a feeling, that to survive w/ the Lord in her generation, she'll need supernatural strength to live for Truth and Righteousness. It's tricky in this generation and culture to live out godly womanhood...I can only imagine, then next!

I had these verses on my mind this morning, so I'm claiming these promises for my little girl, and praying that she will be an example of such things when she grows up...
"Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any; even as Christ forgave you, so also do you. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your heats, to the which also you are called in one body; and be ye thankful." Colossians 3:12-15

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindeness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 1:5-8

**I have some adorable pictures to upload, but I'm out of space...so if anyone knows how I can free up more space w/out paying $$...I'd be happy to know!**

6 comments:

Abra said...

Megan:

Here is some help information for the storage limit you might look at. Google bought Blogger, so that is why it is tied to Picasa now (as Picasa is a Google program as well).

http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=39567

I am looking around for some other ideas for you. I wouldn't want to pay for extra storage either.

In the meantime, maybe you should save your pictures at a lower resolution. However, lower resolution = lower quality if you are printing them. I assume you are using Picasa as both your web album and archive (and if that is the case, then this wouldn't be a good option). If you do save the "archived" version on your computer (or an external hard drive or something else) then you could post pictures to Picasa at a much lower resolution and they would still be of good quality. Anytime you would want to print pictures you would want to use the archived version since it would be a higher quality.

Email me if you want to talk about it more or have questions! (I think you will be able to see my address, but if not, post a comment & I will follow-up).

Macnme said...

Happy 1st birthday!!!!

Marcy said...

We have a Madeline too. In a baby name book that I have its meaning says, "High tower" and the verse is "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God. Psalm 18:2 I used to think her name didn't fit her personality. She is our quiet most timid out of the bunch. My husband thinks she will have a quiet strength in her submission to God and one day her husband. It is neat to see the meanings of names and how they fit our children's very different personalities!

Anonymous said...

I think Photobucket and Flickr are both free~ and somehow you can just copy and paste your pics over to your site. or atleast that's what my friends tell me. :) My husband finally bought a extra hard drive just to store my photos on... I kept crashing the computer w/ all the pictures! :)

Great site here & beautiful family.

God Bless~

amber (hutch5@xanga)

Rachel said...

Have you considered a flickr account and linking the photos? It's another free one, so you'll eventually run out of space, but it might provide another option :)

Elizabeth J. said...

Happy birthday to Madeline!!

Have you ever thought about creating an extra Google account just so you could use and extra Picasa account? I'm not certain if that would work but it may be worth a try.