Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Week in Perspective~


Well, it's been a little over a week since William joined our family. He is growing well and has surpassed his birth weight already. He's definitely a good eater! Justin and I are so blessed to be parents again. It's so fun to say "the boys"! I was secretly hoping William would be a boy, so Samuel would have a playmate close in age. I just remember all the fun memories of growing up w/ a sister(s) close in age to me. Actually all of us girls are close, still!


Looking back to William's birthday, all I can say is thank you to all who were praying for us! Giving birth (without having major surgery) is THE most incredible thing I have EVER done! The labor and delivery went smoothly and was all we prayed for! The midwife and nurses were the perfect match for us and I loved having the experience of a midwife. I was so thankful they suggested natural methods before considering other options. The added bonus is that the actually delivery of William took less than 10 minutes! That was a direct answer to prayer! Leah and Therese were waiting right outside the door and were the first (besides me and Justin, of course) to meet him.


This past week we've been blessed by different people visiting, sending cards and emails, helping with housework and Samuel (thanks girls!!!), and delicious meals. This time of year is very busy for Justin's construction work and he had to go back to work after a few days...vacation days aren't really an option right now. Last week was a record for working long days including the past few Saturdays as well. The help we had definitely was a blessing, since Justin couldn't be home to help as much.


Samuel is adjusting well. He's kinda like a bull in a china shop, if you know what I mean! I have to watch him constantly. He wants to help, but his definition of "help" isn't really what I need. He was "sharing" his toys w/ William earlier...thankfully he didn't come away with any bumps or bruises. Earlier today I was wiping up the dishes and Samuel suddenly disappeared. I went to investigate and found him piling up pillows and blankets on top of William in his bassinet. William went on snoozing away, but about gave me a heart attack! I'm constantly keeping (or doing my best, at least!) to keep my eyes on my busy 2 year old!


Well, enough updating for now. William is sleeping, so Samuel and I are going to go outside and play for a little bit. I will post some pictures when I can catch a couple spare minutes...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good to hear you are doing well with adjusting to having 2 boys.

The birth process is an amazing thing. I am always in awe at the end that I was able to make it through again, but I know it was not on my own strength. May you be blessed with continued strength for your daily tasks.

The Ambrosetti Family said...

Thank you for sharing a piece of what is going on with your precious family. You are such a blessing and a wonderful example of a godly family for other young people to pattern themselves after.
Know that our family is praying daily for you,Justin, and "the boys!"
All our love, The Ambrosetti's

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful post Mrs.Goff!

Thank you!

I am very glad to read that y'all are doing well!

"The boys" are soo cute!

I have 7 brothers, & I can't imagine life without any of them!
Brothers/little boys are sooo much fun!

God bless you & your husband, and your little guys!

In Christ,
~M.Devine