Sunday, August 03, 2008

Fair Day...

At this point, any and all distractions, are great! I'm so glad Justin suggessted going somewhere last night. We grabbed some fast food (yeah! no cooking or clean up!!) and headed to the local fair. We both decided on the way home that Disney World would be cheaper per ride. :) It was fun and is becoming a once-a-year tradition. :) (Last year we left 4-week-old-William w/ Grandpa and Grandma. This year he had a blast!)


I tried to sneak on a few rides w/ Samuel...kiddies ones, right? They really stuck to their guns about not riding the rides if you were pregnant...

As I tried to board the ferris wheel w/ Samuel, the guy looked at me and said w/ an accent, "You pregnant? Right? (making a hand motion) " "Me? Oh, yeah, ok," "You can't ride, Ma'am" Myself thinking["Do you really think I LOOK pregnant?? I just look like I accidentally ate a watermelon seed about 10 months ago! YES I'M PREGNANT, THANK-YOU-VERY-MUCH...I suppose I'll watch from the sidelines.]


Love these expressions...

Justin had a handful of gospel tracks that he was handing out...he had some interesting responses.


The fair reminds me of Vanity Fair from Pilgrims Progress....lots of interesting sights, sounds, and people.

William mesmerized by the lights and the music.


The fair is not complete without some greasy fair food, eh? The boys had their first lemon shake-up and funnel cake. Pretty yummy. Once a year can't be *that* bad for you...hmm? Justin and I were laughing at ourselves...we're were a sticky mess.

William thought *this* horse ride was pretty cool!

Cool enough to ride it twice!



4 comments:

Ryan Miller Fam said...

The fair - how fun! Jim and Kaye used to take all of the grandkids to the fair every year. It's no wonder why that tradition stopped with 14 grandkids now! You are right - you can drop $50 without evening blinking! That doesn't even count the greasy, yummy food!Glad that you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

This post makes me not hardly be able to wait for our own county fair which is less than 2 weeks away! Gotta love a lemon shake up.

Olivia

Micah said...

Ahhh...we were at the fair last night too. I saw your car in the parking lot...but didn't c u. Eli and Brett went on one ride...too crazy expensive! We enjoyed an orange shake-up and a pretzel. :)

Macnme said...

Hey Meg,
I agree with Justin that Disney might be cheaper! I couldn't believe that a book of 20 tickets was 18 dollars and was almost 1 dollar per ticket. The part that got me the most was the fact that the inflatable slide was 2 tickets for 1 slide down...2 dollars! I was so mad. I think our fair experience will be every other year!!

We saw your dad, Eva, and Max at the demo derby, however, I do not think they noticed us. We were about 8 or so rows below them.

I hope this little girls enters sooner rather than later. Tyra, as you heard at church today, seems to think it has bee TOO long she said in the van. "She is WAY late!" Can you tell she is getting excited for another baby!

We will keep watching!
Carla