Sunday, August 03, 2008

Just Waiting...

It's 5 in the morning, and I've been up for awhile. Sure wish I could say I've been up w/ contractions...but no, not a one. Baby is movin' around and has hiccups. I'm not looking forward to all the well-meaning comments at church-- "You're still pregnant?!!" Well, yes, obviously I am. My friends and family keep calling and asking if I'm in labor yet, or if I've had the baby. WEll, if I had news that gigantic, at this point, the whole world would know!! :) I have pretty much everything checked off on my to-do list before the baby comes...housework, groceries, garden, laundry, packed... I'm trying to stay up w/ everything, so all is in order when she decides to come. I have to remind myself I'm only 1 DAY late...it's not that late. :) Just seems like it, since I've been anticipating for 2 weeks. And also, since these days, it seems that everyone has their babies early, either b/c of scheduled c-sections or b/c dr.s will now induce a week early per request. The midwives I see at the hospital don't do anything drastic till 2 weeks post-date. I'm scheduled for a non-stress-test on Tuesday, just to make sure everything is progressing normally. We'll see what the report is then. I'm looking forward to seeing those little feet that keep jabbing me in the ribs. Whoa, what if I'm still pregnant next Sunday?? Now, that would be interesting. This little girl is taking after the rest of the women in the family...fashionably late. (or maybe not so fashionable--just late!)

5 comments:

Abigail and Lydia said...

I was NINE days late with my third baby and even more with that with my fifth! Just enjoy these last moments of rest!!!

Ryan Miller Fam said...

You are making me smile with your post. I'm so sorry that you are now " over due ". I can't say that I;ve ever had that prob. Ryan says it is because God knows that I could not handle that. Both of the first girls came on time - one on her due date and the other a day early. I must say that I did get desperate and did castor oil. Really not recommending it - even though my dr at Carle said to do so with Addisyn. I have to agree with the fashionably late prognosis. I'm surprised my babies haven't been weeks over due - due to my tardiness!!!! Hang in there. We are all thinking of you!!!
Love,
Tricia

Anonymous said...

Megan, you can rest assure that your sweet,little baby girl will arrive soon! I can't imagine waiting patiently, but we both know she is completely worth the wait! Hang in there! Leann

Micah said...

Well...maybe I'm having sympathy pains for you. I have had quite a few contractions today...and some in my back...yuck! I have tried to call you...just to ask if anything exciting is happening yet. Sorry! I won't bother asking, I'm sure it does get old. God's timing is PERFECT! Please remind me of that in 23 days! :)

George and Krista said...

Meg,

George would say that she is getting her finishing touches!! :) Therese Samuel & Jenebu are off. We miss them already.