Sunday, August 10, 2008

Madeline's Birth Day: August 7th, 2008

--Edit--I know most of you readers are mom's too, but sorry if you read my 1st, unedited version. I wrote it out quickly, stream-of-consciousness trying to remember everything and then posted it. I read it again today and decided to make a "blog version" instead. Birth is just one of those miracles in life that will never cease to amaze me, whether it's me or someone else. There's nothing like new life. --

It started early...3:30 a.m., to be exact. Justin called my Mom to come stay w/ the boys and she burst through the door singing, "Happy Birthday to Me!!" (Yes, Madeline was born on my Mom's 49th birthday...a good birthday present, huh?!)




Justin and the midwife broke out some potions and tricks to help w/ the contractions. The labor and delivery was slow and gentle. All the contractions had a break in between, which definitely made them do-able. Madeline was born at 5:03 p.m. and we were so excited to meet her!!

I couldn't have done it w/ out my bestest teammate, Justin. He was an excellent coach! He encouraged me that I could do it w/out pain meds. or an epidural...and I did! For me, the labor and delivery was a great experience and the Lord answered prayers in every way! I prayed about every aspect I could think of, and the Lord took care of them all!




I also couldn't have done it w/ out my amazing midwife, Ellen...She was one of my 1st choices. And a very sweet nurse, Rachelle. (She was S and W's delivery nurse too!)


And this was one of the biggest shockers to me: 8 lbs. 12 oz! Can't believe she was that big! Takin' after her Aunt Leah! (who still holds the record at 9.6!) I'm feeling good. Just tired from the labor and the past few nights, which haven't been too sleepful. But, that's post partum week 1 for ya, right?! Yeah, I remember now. :) Miss was up last night from 11 pm till 5 am...wanted to nurse all night, the hungry little girl! Hopefully tonight will be better.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and God's blessings on the newest addition to your family! What a sweetie! Jadin turned 1 in July and we are expecting #2 in February. What an adventure it is! Good thing the Lord is our constant help and strength!
Love,
Erica & Eric Humbracht

Ryan Miller Fam said...

Megan: I'm so excited that Miss Madeline is finally here. I cannot believe that she was 8lbs 12 oz. She's still bigger than Briggs - 3 weeks later!!!! He has scrawny little bird legs!!! She is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure the boys are soo excited to "help" you take care of her. We can't wait to meet her in person and to hold and snuggle her. Your pictures are great. Thanks for posting them so we could see what she looked like! Take Care! Hopefully she will sleep better tonight. Love, Tricia and Fam

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful baby girl! I love seeing all the pictures! I hope she lets you get some sleep tonight!

Littlecarlotta said...

Congratulations!! What a pretty little (well, not so little;) girl.
I'm so glad that things went well for you, thanks for sharing the story.
I have so much admiration for people who go without pain meds in the hospital. That really takes determination. I only make it without because I don't have the option at home ;)

Aliza

Micah said...

Yeah...I'm so happy for you Megan to have accomplished a Med-free birth! No one is less of a Mom for taking the meds by any means, but...well u know what I mean. I think that is so cool that she was born at 5:03pm...so was Miss. Micayla!!!! How neato! Looking forward to meeting her Friday night. Hugs; Micah