Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Apple Adventures

I really enjoy the pace of life where we live. We're somewhat removed from the hustle-bustle of city life. The air is fresh, we see deer everyday, hear the coyotes and see the stars at night! I have to remind myself that there are redeeming qualities, despite the fact that I have to drive 30-60 miles to get to a Walmart or Meijer. This week's country life project: APPLES! My parent's slow trees are finally starting to produce. Good thing we didn't give them the 7 year deal! My Mom and I were driving Justin's F250 w/ our old couch in the back, 5 kids in the back seat, an apple picking ladder and lots of laundry baskets. Do you get the mental picture?? [Think hillbillies] Justin's truck is big and just has a VA-ROOM quality when you drive it. Must be why guys like those kind of trucks...big, loud and powerful. There was just something hilarious about us. Mom and I started cracking up. I think the kids were oblivious. Well, hopefully they were! Aparently we looked funny enough for my Grandma to come running out of the house cracking up at us. We invited her to sit in the middle seat and go w/ us, but unfortunately she declined. Hum, wonder why? The helpers...Samuel, Isaac, Eva, and William SNVM5efS3zI/AAAAAAAADPI/cgtYiJlCA54/s200/IMG_0252.JPG" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5248185491090759474" /> Samuel and I made two big kettles of applesauce, an apple crisp, and lots of big ziplocks of apple pie filling for the freezer. Here we are workin' away. He loved the apple peeling gaget. Fun way to get him to "work"! ...and by the way, it's for sale... ...time for our beloved Gas Guzzler to go...

5 comments:

George and Krista said...

Hey Meg~

I like your fall look! Cute pictures!! We miss you all. Hope to see you soon~ K~

Gretchen said...

Doesn't it feel good to get something like that done? It's such a fall-ish activity! :-)

I love your new family pictures, by the way. So sweet! - GJ

Anonymous said...

I impressed with all your apple-picking! What great pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I love the new look Meg! You're a great blogger. It's so refreshing to read your posts, thanks!

Macnme said...

Hey Meg,
I can't remember if I posted or not I was so busy yesterday, but if not....I'll be waiting for some apple treats ... LOL!! Wow, that is a lot of apples!! The kids looked like they had a blast as well. I can only imagine the ride in the truck... would have loved to have seen that one!

Carla