Tuesday, September 30, 2008

FIELD TRIP


...last week we took a field trip to Lincoln Log Cabin...I remember going (and dressing in period attire) in the 5th grade. I thought it was a blast! (remember, Krist?) **we LOVED playing pioneers till, who knows when...we were probably about 12 and 13...ha!! Anyhoo...it was fun going back and learning some more history. Amazing how people lived back then...very self-sufficient! Nothing like today. I think I'm more dependent on modern conveniences than I even realize. I have no reason to complain and every reason to be content!

I realized as I was looking at the picture...we have children at every age from 7 on down. There's 7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0!! (that was fun typing that!) And us Moms...I'll just let ya' guess our ages. *smile*




It's really fun to go when there's lots of historical interpreters acting out the part...they're pretty good!





Madeline looks so much like Justin to me in this picture! (the mouth and chin :)




3 comments:

Gretchen said...

What a cute crew, and what a fun outing! There's nothing like a little perspective to perk up our attitudes, is there? We really do have it easy!

Anonymous said...

Megan, it looks like everybody had a great time! You definitely had your hands full with all the kiddies! I really enjoy Lincoln Log Cabin too.

Gretchen said...

Hi there again Megan!

You don't need to post this comment, I just wanted to let you know that I e-mailed you the shower list, and it didn't go through. I think it might be and old e-mail address of Justin's. :-{ I'm sure you've e-mailed me with a more recent address, I just can't think of when! Sorry to bother you with this. You can just send me a blank e-mail if you want, or I can call you when I get back from Zion.

Thanks a bunch! Love, GJP