Saturday, November 08, 2008

Mums, bebes, slings...and things...


Well, I meant to update before now. But now there's more to update on. :) Madeline and I both had the stomach flu on Thursday. That is so yucky! Poor baby. I thought it was impossible for exclusively nursed infants to contract stomach viruses. Guess not. The pediatrician wanted to see her on Thursday evening to make sure she wasn't dehydrated. Justin gave her some pedialyte at the drs and she kept that down...and was fine after that. I don't like it when little ones are sick...so sad! My Mom was such a saint to keep the boys all day on Thursday. (Thank you!!!) I've been praying no one else gets sick. Oh the joys of big families...sickness can last for weeks!
The Father/Son Camp went well this year. I'll try to post some more pictures of that fun time. Everything went much smoother w/ feeding th 500 this year. Thanks to many answered prayers and lots of volunteers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is his favorite way to hold our babies...when they're sleeping. The minute they wake up and start wiggling...it's..."Mom!! They need you! I think she's hungry" :)

Last day of Camp...not too much sleep, but lots of fun! Even got to play together again...that's been harder to do this year!

And speaking of slings...there's lots of different styles. Krista's mother-in-law, Jenebu, is Nigerian, and this is the way women in Nigeria carry their babies around. Grace likes it! (It's just one of my Mom's sheets wrapped up!:)

Can't tell these two are cousins! A blondie and a brownie

Here's my friend, Gretchen, and me...w/ our babies. Madeline LOVES to be in her sling. (it's been a great help to me, too--i highly recommend them!) Gretchen's baby is due in January...not much longer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madeline looks alot different since the last pictures you posted. It's amazing how quickly a baby's looks can change.

Olivia

Micah said...

Yuck...sorry u have been ill. Thank heavens we haven't encountered that yet. Things seem to stay crazy busy around here...not sure how that happens. Talk soon; Micah