Wednesday, November 19, 2008

RE-READING A GREAT BOOK!

So I'm currently re-reading one of the best books. It's called "Created To Be His Help Meet" Just thought I'd post some of what I've been encouraged w/...

From Chapt. 1 "God's Plan"
"Regardless of what kind of person you have been in the past, with instructions from God's Word, you can become a heavenly-gift bride. You can still be your man's dream come true, and in the process your dreams will come true also."

"Each day is a decision, each hour a challenge, and each response starts you toward either the quicksands of divorce or the solid ground of being blessed "heirs together of the grace of life."


From "God's Gift to Man"
"If you are a wife, you were created to fill a need. This is how God created you and it is your purpose for ezisting. You are inferior to none as long as you function within your created nature...You can only realize your womanhood when you are functioning according to your created nature."

"God made you to be a help meet to your husband so you can bolster him, making him more productive and efficient at whatever he chooses to do...If he can trust you, he will make you his closest advisor, his confidante, his press secretary, his head of state, his vice-pres, his ambassador, his public relations expert, and maybe even his sppech writer...It is our job to learn how we can help our husbands in every way possible."

From Chapt 2: "A Merry Heart"
"Who you are is reflected in your face"

"The most effective beauty aid is free---a joyful smile!"

"God's will is for a wife to have a merry heart, a cheerful countenance and a glow that will refresh the most stressed and tired husband on the planet. Bubbling cheer goes a long way to maintain or even restore a marriage. Make a decision right now to break the "poor me" habit. Today, put it down as sin and rebellion, and then tomorrow, wake up with joy in your heart and home."


From Chapt 3: "A Thankful Spirit"
"Thankfulness is how you think; joy is the abundance it produces."

"When you catch yourself becoming irritated or disturbed at circumstances, stop and laugh at the little things that steal your peace."
From

Chapt 4:"The Gift of Wisdom"
"Women who have difficulties in their marriages usually follow their feelings and just react. But you must stop trusting your hurt responces or the advice you receive from the world...the good news is that God is prepared to give you divine wisdom, just for the asking. James 1:5

"Wisdom is not earned; it is a gift"

She writes..."I never have a chip on my shoulder, no matter how offended I have a right to be---and I do have reasons to be offended regularly. Every day, I remember to view myself as the woman God gave this man. This mind-set helps me to be just that; a gift, a playmate, his helper."


I'm excited at the old things I'm reminded of again! And excited to be approaching 4 years of marriage! It seems like we've been married forever...I say that in a great way~
Have a happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Sue said...

I guess I better introduce myself. I found your blog through your family's blog. (I found there's from the Eden String Quartet Page) Anyway, I am very encouraged by your blog and your zest and zeal for Jesus Christ. It is nice to read a fellow mom and beliver's blog.
I too really enjoyed created to be his helpmeet by Debi Pearl. I read it at a hard time for my husband and I and it really helped me go before God and change some things about myself as a wife. I still have a long way to go...:)
Please stop by my blog anytime, I think we have a lot in common.
Blessings...

Micah said...

This book is so very difficult for me to read. Not sure why. I know my sister has read it many times over and over. If I had to guess...I would say...I can't live up to what she writes...always feeling defeated. Hmmm.