Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Indy & Cincinnati

Ok, so back to my saga...I am still on a high from the shopping Justin and I did. He and I were both trying to scout out jeans and ones long enough not to look like we were anticipating imminent flood waters. I tell ya, I think the stores are partial to regular size and petites. Are tall people really that few and far between? Now, I wear longs, not to be able to sport 5 inch heels, but just so I can wear flats without my socks showing.

So...thanks to Justin who scouted out Gap Maternity!! They carry talls and they had a large sale rack! I ended up buying 2 pairs of longs for $15. To me that's a huge deal, considering I tried on jeans at Mimi Maternity that were too short and were $120 and the regular price of these sale jeans were $70!! Talk about a deal...I feel like my Aunt Lisa after she finds a bargain! :) I rarely shop, so when I go, I'm about conquering and buying something that fits...if it's on sale, great, if not, it's ok too. But to get both at once...wahoo!


Here's Justin at the hotel in Indy. Thanks to priceline (and our friend, Andy) were were able to stay at *fancy* hotels for 50 and 75 bucks a night. (not bad!!) Parking was kinda expensive, though. But hey, it was so much fun!

I enjoyed eating out too! Justin had made plans to go to a yummy steakhouse downtown, walking distance from the hotel. This particular steakhouse was opened at the turn of the century (1900's) and were/are famous for their steaks(of course!) and their shrimp cocktail. So, we had to try it. The waiter was kinda dry and mentioned in passing to "tread lightly"--what's that supposed to mean? We both took a huge bite of the cocktail w/ shrimp and we were both about to cry it was Sssooo hot! Kinda pain/pleasure hot though. I think it had tons of horseradish in is. After figuring how to eat it, it was delic, but kinda burned too! :) We were looking around at other people to see what their reactions were to it. Guess we were the only "newbies" to that restaurant.
Here's Justin perusing the wine menu trying to find the most expensive. Only $8500 for the oldest kind. :) We declined.

We stayed for a few days in downtown Indy. It was so fun browsing around the malls. I don't do that too often!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww...the pictures are so cute! looks like you had fun...you must do that more often!

Anonymous said...

I definitely understand about the hassles of trying to find jeans long enough just so my socks won't show. I don't wear heels either and they're still too short.

I agree: stores are catering to the needs of regular-short people. It's unfair! :)

McKenzie