Sunday, March 16, 2008

Motivation...

There are a few things that just give me a boost once in a while! For one, I'm so glad the weather is more springlike. Nothing like a little warmer weather to boost the spring cleaning mood!

Friday morning, I made three big lasagnas (1 for company we had over, and 2 for the freezer) and cooked up extra hamburger. Usually when I make a mess, I make a big one. I figure it saves me time in the long run to cook ahead. Just having the meat cooked, helps meal preparation go so much faster! (one of those tips I learned from my mom :)

As you can see in the picture below, I did lots of laundry! I'm certain their's a laundry monster that has babies during the night. What will I do when there is 5 people's laundry to do! This is the happy picture, b/c at least it's clean piles of laundry! It's a relief to me to have it at least washed and dried. Sometimes it takes a few days to make it out of the basket, folded and in their proper places!


The other "high" I had was going to a clothes sale yesterday. I am so spoiled now, after having great hand-me-downs and shopping sales, that I can't bring myself to pay full price for things! Kids clothing is as expensive as big people clothes! I got Oshgosh brand jeans, some cute tops, and a winter coat for baby girl, winter sweaters for all of the kids, flannel shirts and some nice shirts for the boys. Everything was $4.99 and under! Sometimes I find I need some "new" things for the kids for church or places where play clothes aren't appropriate. I find it thrilling to see how far I can make the clothing budget stretch! :)

2 comments:

joshua said...

I feel super by saying that this is realy one of the very best blogs I've ever visited yet!

Congrats! Take it like a blossom blessing as I'm bloging arownd!

PALAVROSSAVRVS REX

Anonymous said...

Ha...I need a clothing budget! That would be awesome! Did you get my message about the long maternity pants at Twice is Nice? Hope all is well, call anytime.
Micah