Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary

It all began in July of 1980...



Here's 2007...

And here's 2008 w/ the whole family...



~~Happy Belated 28th Wedding Anniversary to my parents: July 26th, 1980~~
The past 28 years of their marriage has been enhanced by 7 children, 2 sons-in-law, and nearly 4 grandchildren. The three quotes I have often heard from them:

"Only one life will soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last"

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." III John 4

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven us." Eph. 4:32

My parents will be the first ones to say that their marriage didn't start out perfect. (who's does anyway?) But because of God's mercy and grace, He saved both of my parents and has been transforming them and their marriage ever since. There have been several godly influences that have not only impacted them, but also us kids. The three primary examples are both sets of their parents (both of which have celebrated 50+ years of marriage, and Mike and Brenda Houk. These people have been mentors by word and by example. For which I am grateful!

I'm so thankful that God delights in changing lives for His glory. I know Justin and I are not the only ones who have been blessed by their example of Christian marriage. Thankfully they have helped us learn from their mistakes, as well as their successes. My parents have been the type of people who experience virtually all of life w/ their children right by their side. That is one of the primary reasons all of us kids are so close...we're a team! We have worked together and played together, and encouraged one another. We all have lots of laughs and enjoy eachother's fellowship.

Dad and Mom, here's to another 28 years together, and may those years be even more blessed! I hope you two are able to get away for at least an evening, to enjoy eachother's company and dinner. As much fun as it is to be with all the kids and grandkids, you two deserve some *quiet* time. (w/out eyes, ears, and opinions--ha ha!)

We Love You,
Justin and Megan
Samuel and William

~~I just realized that I have very few pictures of only my Dad and Mom in my computer picture files...That's a good thing though, because they're always having fun w/ one or more of us children, or their grandchildren. :) ~~

4 comments:

Micah said...

Awww...that is so sweet of you Megan! Did they get married in a Catholic church? You are very fortunate to have such a wonderfully devoted parents...to each other and to you and your children. Very blessed! We went to the cookout last night too...it was very nice to meet Krista's in-laws. I think only one mosquito got me! Enjoyed seeing Pat and his family too. Its so great to see how the Lord is blessing others. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Your mom is stunning!

Olivia

The Kautts said...

Congrats to your parents Megan! My parents will celebrate 27 years of wedded life this coming friday! It is such a wonderful example of faithfulness in a culture of faithlessness. Thank you for honoring your parents in this special way.

~abi

T said...

Wow, your mom has always been gorgeous and your dad, like most men who age, looks way better now- he! he! Maybe it's the hairdo that's better. God's grace is so amazing. I would have thought they had started out as Christians; look where God has brought them! Where they raised in Christian homes or did their parents come to know the Lord later? What a blessing to grow up with godly examples!